www.rgc.ro Web analytics

Kramer Focus Vt-111s De La Grosmann

Guest Ronin_JP

Guest Ronin_JP

Am fost azi la Grosmann si am vazut o Kramer Focus VT-111s cherry sunburst:

200611910172491956.jpg400.jpg

As vrea sa o fac cadou la o prietena dar 650RON mi sa pare cam scump.

Vreau sa intreb daca ai incercat-o cineva sau stie cineva despre chitara asta?

Ce crezi? Merita?

Guest Ronin_JP
uita-te pe harmony central la customer reviews

The model that they have in US and other countries is DIFFERENT from this one.

Look the model they have in US. If you check this link: Kramer Focus VT-111s you will notice that the model name is the same but the guitar is different. The bridge and tremolo are different, the neck is different. One has a binded maple neck with maple fretboard, the other has a rosewood neck. One has a pointed headstock, the other has a more Fender-like head. They are not the same guitar, even though the name is the same.

My friend posted on the Harmony Central forum asking about it but so far no one who knows about it answered. And those who answered are also confused.

brusc si dintr-o data, al nostru orezar vorbeste si scrie BINE romaneste.... :)

gand razletz: ba, mai da-l in **** mea de gros, chiar asa de marsav sa fie ? :)

PS ba nea, nu "la o prietena" ci "unei prietene" (hai ca cu asta m-ai convins ca esti roman, si inca d-ala sadea)

Edited by malex

Guest Ronin_JP
brusc si dintr-o data, al nostru orezar vorbeste si scrie BINE romaneste.... :) gand razletz: ba, mai da-l in **** mea de gros, chiar asa de marsav sa fie ? :) PS ba nea, nu "la o prietena" ci "unei prietene" (hai ca cu asta m-ai convins ca esti roman, si inca d-ala sadea)
I don't write well in Romanian that's why I type only simple phrases in Romanian.I am asking a simple question about a guitar. I got two people trying to help and two complaining about something completely off topic. I don't know for sure but there must be a way for you to block my posts so if my posts really bother you you should just put me in your ignore list. I've seen posts and threads here that annoyed me but instead of wasting my time posting on the thread just to whine I simply pass over it and move on. I dont waste my time and I don't waste the other readers time. It's soooooo simple.Now can we keep it on topic, please? Edited by Ronin_JP

I don't write well in Romanian that's why I type only simple phrases in Romanian.I am asking a simple question about a guitar. I got two people trying to help and two complaining about something completely off topic. I don't know for sure but there must be a way for you to block my posts so if my posts really bother you you should just put me in your ignore list. I've seen posts and threads here that annoyed me but instead of wasting my time posting on the thread just to whine I simply pass over it and move on. I dont waste my time and I don't waste the other readers time. It's soooooo simple.Now can we keep it on topic, please?

I will take it for good ... what you have written

Anyway, if you was there and tried it, why do you need another oppinion?

Liked it? Buy it.

50% will tell YES

50% will tll NO

and finally, you'll take the decission

good luck bah tata bah

Edited by malex

Guest Ronin_JP

Ok. So my asking a second opinion really bothers you.I thought a forum like this is for people who enjoy guitars, to share their opinions about guitars and try to help each other. I noticed that some here think the same and yet some believe that the forum is just to bash others when they ask opinions or post in English.Where's the pshychology forum? Wasn't it 2 clicks to the right?Can someone please help Mr. malex to block my posts and threads? He seems to be allergic to people asking other's opinion.

PS - Aha.I see... I checked your profile and the topics that you started. 2 years old... Likes to ask other guys to post their tools so that you can compare with yours... Ok. You're forgiven. But still, you should try the psychology forum. Im sure someone there can help you.

Edited by Ronin_JP

Ronin the two guitars with the same model number are no the same thing. The one from Grosmann is a model intended just for the chineese market (the same goes for talent by epiphone ones). Gibson has products that are not supposed to sell outside of China just like ESP or Fender do in Japan. How he gets them it's unknown to me but as long as he offers an invoice and warranty it should be safe. I've never touched that model and i can't say that it's good or bad (and no , I'm not biased on Grosmann).

Fender calls that bridge synchronized 2 point tremolo but it's not similar to a floating bridge in terms of movement. It can go "up" but just a little.

The Gotoh tuners are a plus and the maple-maple neck looks nice but i can't find a positive claim about the body wood. Next time try to remove the back plate of the guitar (or ask the shopowner) and see if it has any unpainted part. Judging by the color and texture one could tell if it's alder or plain plywood.

Guest Ronin_JP
Ronin the two guitars with the same model number are no the same thing. The one from Grosmann is a model intended just for the chineese market (the same goes for talent by epiphone ones). Gibson has products that are not supposed to sell outside of China just like ESP or Fender do in Japan. How he gets them it's unknown to me but as long as he offers an invoice and warranty it should be safe. I've never touched that model and i can't say that it's good or bad (and no , I'm not biased on Grosmann).

Fender calls that bridge synchronized 2 point tremolo but it's not similar to a floating bridge in terms of movement. It can go "up" but just a little.

The Gotoh tuners are a plus and the maple-maple neck looks nice but i can't find a positive claim about the body wood. Next time try to remove the back plate of the guitar (or ask the shopowner) and see if it has any unpainted part. Judging by the color and texture one could tell if it's alder or plain plywood.

Yes, he told me that he gets them direct from Gibson China and that model is not usually available in Europe but I didnt think they are not available in US either.

He said the body is basswood but now I have doubts. But anyway, the guitar seemed to play well and had a nice ring to it. The finishing had some small problems like laquer chipped from the corners of the neck and one of the tremolo pivot screws was a little crooked.

Mr Grosu also offered to do a set up if I decide to keep the guitar.

If you compare with a Squier, the 650RON price tag on the Kramer doesnt seem much but if you think that in US it costs $75 then its a case for thinking twice.

Kramers from nowadays suck. If you want an economy guitar (when I say say economy, I mean cheap, but still playable) for your friend, try a Stagg.

Guest anghelescu
brusc si dintr-o data, al nostru orezar vorbeste si scrie BINE romaneste.... :)

gand razletz: ba, mai da-l in **** mea de gros, chiar asa de marsav sa fie ? :)

PS ba nea, nu "la o prietena" ci "unei prietene" (hai ca cu asta m-ai convins ca esti roman, si inca d-ala sadea)

hai ca deja a devenit nesimtire pura...

ai fost rasist..si adminii nu iau nici o masura

Guest EPSYLON_CURSE
Kramers from nowadays suck. If you want an economy guitar (when I say say economy, I mean cheap, but still playable) for your friend, try a Stagg.

I tell you - go for the kramers. ( these are not the legendary kramers, but worth a try )

Why? Because Staggs are money-for-crap.

I tell you - go for the kramers. ( these are not the legendary kramers, but worth a try )

Why? Because Staggs are money-for-crap.

You are wrong. Gibson bought Kramer and managed to the transform it from the best guitar of the 80's in the piece of crap of nowadays. At least all Stagg guitars are made in Europe. I don't say I'm a fan of Stagg guitars, but compared with the Kramers you can find on the market today, they kick ass.

Ronin if you want to be a true "romanian" go for an electric Hora. They are not the best guitars in the world, even by fare, but they should do the job. You can easily compare them with Stagg, and they are cheaper.

Guest Ronin_JP
You are wrong. Gibson bought Kramer and managed to the transform it from the best guitar of the 80's in the piece of crap of nowadays. At least all Stagg guitars are made in Europe. I don't say I'm a fan of Stagg guitars, but compared with the Kramers you can find on the market today, they kick ass.

Ronin if you want to be a true "romanian" go for an electric Hora. They are not the best guitars in the world, even by fare, but they should do the job. You can easily compare them with Stagg, and they are cheaper.

Isn't the Hora what some people here call "lemn pt foc"? Or was it the Reghin?

Guest seraphx
. At least all Stagg guitars are made in Europe. I don't say I'm a fan of Stagg guitars, but compared with the Kramers you can find on the market today, they kick ass.

man i think you-re drunk, the Stagg company is located in Belgium but most of em are made in china ( i have played on some and im sure of it :) other ppl can confirm it ), i dont know who-s best kramer or stagg (because i didnt try the kramer from grosmann ) but i think guitars that are sold at a similar price most of the time they offer the same "quality" , Ronin_JP you should also try Epiphone Les Paul Special II maybe you-ll like it, i think its in the same price zone, cheers

I strongly believe nobody here has ever laid their hands on a Kramer Focus , to talk like that about the VT-111-s .

One of my best friends has got one. Thank you for the "precious" information so far. The man who asked about it, and you shamelessly insulted, can rest assured that the Focus is a GOOD guitar.

My friend has bought it from the United States for 111$, from a site called MusicYo , distributor for these guitars in the US. He claims (and Internet reviews also say) that the guitar is probably one of the most under-rated ever. It has the same thin neck the "good old days' " Kramers had. The only thing he was worried about is the fact that the stock pick-ups aren't to his liking, and he was going to replace them. And he had one more small problem. One fret was buzzing, but he hammered the fret wire in place and solved it. I've played it from time to time ... It's better, way better than Reghin ! But ... at THEIR price :)

Guest Ronin_JP
I strongly believe nobody here has ever laid their hands on a Kramer Focus , to talk like that about the VT-111-s .

One of my best friends has got one. Thank you for the "precious" information so far. The man who asked about it, and you shamelessly insulted, can rest assured that the Focus is a GOOD guitar.

My friend has bought it from the United States for 111$, from a site called MusicYo , distributor for these guitars in the US. He claims (and Internet reviews also say) that the guitar is probably one of the most under-rated ever. It has the same thin neck the "good old days' " Kramers had. The only thing he was worried about is the fact that the stock pick-ups aren't to his liking, and he was going to replace them. And he had one more small problem. One fret was buzzing, but he hammered the fret wire in place and solved it. I've played it from time to time ... It's better, way better than Reghin ! But ... at THEIR price :)

Thanks Eldrian,

The thing is that the Kramer sold by Music Yo is a completely different beast than the one that Grosmann has. Well not completely but they are different.

The one at Grosmann has the Kramer pointy head, maple freboard on a maple binded neck, two point tremolo and the pick ups are different. The one from Music Yo has a more Fender type straight through head, rosewood fretboard and vintage type pick ups and tremolo.

And the price difference is the most scary :)

man i think you-re drunk, the Stagg company is located in Belgium but most of em are made in china ( i have played on some and im sure of it :) other ppl can confirm it ), i dont know who-s best kramer or stagg (because i didnt try the kramer from grosmann ) but i think guitars that are sold at a similar price most of the time they offer the same "quality" , Ronin_JP you should also try Epiphone Les Paul Special II maybe you-ll like it, i think its in the same price zone, cheers

I can assure you I'm not drunk. Even you admitted that there is a probability that some of their guitars are not made in China. At least Stagg doesn't live in the shadow of it's past like Kramer do, who is fouling their customer, telling them that their present models are as good as those made back in the 80's, or at least as those made in pre - Gibson era. That's why I' so against Gibson. It broke the beautiful dream I had about Kramer :). The same thing goes for Epiphone too. Their big prices doesn't reflect the quality of their guitars. Look at Squier. They have resonable prices for their models.

For Ronin: If you really want a Kramer, try to find a used pre - Gibson era model. Those are the real ones. And the price is good too, for the low and medium cost range models. Good luck with that. An for your knowledge Hora = Reghin, and there are not quite what other say "lemne pentru foc".

Guest EPSYLON_CURSE

Both Reghin and Stagg are money down the drain. I still can't believe that you are still praising them.

I am a fan of Kramer and the 80's rock scene and i know both of the periods ( not as clearily as i wish ) - pre and post gibson - new kramers are crap COMPARED TO THE OLD KRAMERS ( which are legends ) but still are far better than staggs or other cheesy guitars.

As far as squier is concerned ... go for the top models - nothing below standard.

Guest Ronin_JP

Can we try to be a little objective, please?

Have you guys really played Kramer and Stagg guitars?

If they are or not good or bad, why do you think so?

Any specific reason or just hearsay?

Ronin San,

If your friend is Romanian don't buy Kramer or even worst, Stagg guitar, because these are common and easy to get guitars.

Make her a surprise and buy a Japanesse Tokai guitar. :)

regards,

Gabriel

PS. Sorry for offtopic. I'm Joking. If you come to Timisoara I will buy you some sake and discuss about guitars :)

Edited by ntt

Guest Ronin_JP
Ronin San,

If your friend is Romanian don't buy Kramer or even worst, Stagg guitar, because these are common and easy to get guitars.

Make her a surprise and buy a Japanesse Tokai guitar. :)

regards,

Gabriel

PS. Sorry for offtopic. I'm Joking. If you come to Timisoara I will buy you some sake and discuss about guitars :)

Doomo Gabriel-San

Believe me, if there was a place where I could find Tokai in Romania I would already have bought one :)

Thanks for the invitation. And you too, if you come down to Buc you're invited for some drinks and guitar talk.

Yoroshiku.

ai pus bine problema. o chitara MIJ ar fi pe langa o surpriza placuta, o investitie buna. Raportul calitate pret este excelent acolo. astfel data viitoare cand ai drum prin Japonia opreste-te la un magazin de instrumente and pick something. Bacchus, Edwards, Tokai, Fender...whatever...ai de unde alege.

2. stagg si behringer nu iti recomand. 90% dintre forumisti iti vor spune acelasi lucru.

3. eu am o kramer din 1991 si este excelenta. pe forumul fanilor Kramer nu am auzit lucruri bune despre produsele facute sub jurisdictia Gibson. pune la socoteala si faptul ca modelul care te intereseaza e facut in China si deja ar trebui sa te puna serios pe ganduri. ai doua variante: ori o incerci si daca tie ti se pare ca faci o investitie buna, normal, o cumperi sau....go for for the MIJ guitars care mie mi se pare cea mai inteleapta decizie

Edited by Radu i

G-SE-42M.jpg

BODY: Alder or Basswood

NECK: Maple / Maple, 22Frets

SCALE: 648mm

JOINT: Bolt-on

PICKUPS: GS-1G×3

CONTROL: Master Volume

Front&Middle Tone

5way PU Selector

BRIDGE: Synchronized Tremolo Type

COLOR: 2 Tone Sunburst

Black

PRICE: 44,100yen (Include Tax)

adica 381 $

nou noutza. chitara este GrassRoots made under ESP. sunt convins ca nu se compara cu Stagg. Plus ca are variante LP, SG si Tele. Banuiesc ca la second gaseste una in banii pe care-i are.

si mai sunt o gramada second si in stare f. buna le poti gasi in banii respectivi. MIJ.

deci o fantezie cat se poate de reala :)

Edited by Radu i