www.rgc.ro Web analytics

Equilizers

Guest rmnaxl

Ok im sure lots of people question how they should set their equilizer (how they should sound), I realli dont care, i use what i like :)....

Anyway for the guitarist that cant live without, how do you usally set up your equilizer on your amp?

And better yet eqz for styles too....

What i got in my head---> Black-no bass thrash/power- mids and highs dominating.. and heavey- highs and lows :)

I usally cut out my mids.

ppl. ON TOPIC pls. usually when I get to play on some real rig I set the low to almost minimum and boost the highs for a more brutal sound.

for heavy metal the eq settings for my amp drive (let's say 0=min; 20=max):

bass = 3

mid = 12

trebble = 3

contour = 15

for bluesy sounds i use the same settings, but my volume knob on the guitar is slightly turned on and the tone knob 1/2 way on

Edited by _Theo_

Ok im sure lots of people question how they should set their equilizer (how they should sound), I realli dont care, i use what i like :)....

Anyway for the guitarist that cant live without, how do you usally set up your equilizer on your amp?

And better yet eqz for styles too....

What i got in my head---> Black-no bass thrash/power- mids and highs dominating.. and heavey- highs and lows :)

I usally cut out my mids.

First of all don't cut your mids ever. Make that never ever.

You have to mingle alot with the EQ's and general settings like Bass set to 3 o'clock , mids to 10 o'clock and highs to 1 o'clock might sound fantastic on some gear and sound like shit on other (or the other way around).

Not all the knobs on the amps work in the same way.

Put all the knobs on the default position (0 or 12 o'clock) and start dialing out from there. It's a test and try situation. You have to hear it on your own rig.

If you have a parametric EQ the thing gets even dirtyer. There are some sweet spots that may bring more life to your tone but again it's all a problem of what you want to hear (rythm, solo, clean).

One day a great guitarist showed me a Boss DS1 pedal with the knobs turned in a particular position and said "this is how Stevie Ray Vaughan used it". I went home, pluged the pedal in my rig and used the settings he had shown me. It sounded nothing like SRV.