www.rgc.ro Web analytics

Fili Si Fobi

ggedamed

Am ajuns in cautarile mele dupa parerile altora la site-ul James Randi Educational Foundation (si un link Wikipedia). Pentru mine e nou, poate si pentru altii. Una din activitati este organizarea asa-numitelor "One Million Dollar Challenge" in care se ofera suma amintita oricui poate dovedi ceva greu de crezut (cum ar fi paranormalele) intr-un test dublu-orb.

Legatura cu echipamentul este o provocare din 2007 la adresa fabricantilor unui cablu de difuzor de 7500$ (da, sapte mii cinci sute, si sunt altele mai scumpe) si a unui editor de la Stereophile Magazine: daca editorul respectiv poate deosebi cele doua cabluri intr-un test dublu-orb primeste milionul. Povestea s-a incheiat cam incurcat, un rezumat poate fi gasit aici.

Am consumat vreo 5 ore citind schimburile de replici de pe forumul JREF si va asigur ca merita. Sunt demne de cruciade sau de razboiul vid-siliciu.

DAR am mai dat si de o descriere a unui dispozitiv pe care chitaristii INCA NU L-AU DESCOPERIT:

"Tons of Shakti Stones and On-Lines"...Shun Mook Original Cable Jackets (from the maker of the legendary Mpingo Disks)... Bybee XLR Golden Goddess Tails and Slipstream Magic Bullets..."Various Marigo VTS Dots used extensively throughout the system and room"...Shakti Hallographs (Only $1000 a pair!)..."Various Peter Belt treatments"...Walker Audio Ultimate High Definition Links ("Cryogenically treated," only $650 per pair (Vivid fluid extra))...Walker Extreme Super Silver Treatment ("produced a very substantial gain in system synergy")...AudioDharma Cable Cooker (because after you cryogenically treat your cables, they must be cooked. Everyone knows that.)...and the Clever Little Clock.

The last item, like the Tice Clock, is a clock (The Tice was a Radio Shack clock). Unlike the Tice Clock, the Clever Little Clock doesn't connect to the audio system, or anything else. It's battery-powered, but don't replace the batteries with store-bought models: contact the CLC people (read: Peter Belt) to purchase their special batteries. You put the Clever Little Clock in your room, and it improves the sound of your high-end audio system. By magic. From the manufacturer:

Quote: "The Clever Little Clock is pre-set by Machina Dynamica and should NOT be re-set or adjusted."

Thus eliminating its only useful feature: telling time.

Quote: "Machina Dynamica reserves the right to use more than one brand/model to produce Clever Little Clocks, so don't be alarmed if the Clock you receive is not the exact one in the photo. All versions of the Clever Little Clock are sonically equivalent. "

Yes, I'm quite all versions are sonically equivalent! The CLC reviewed by Dave Clark is a $10 Timex alarm clock with a fabric dot glued to its face. Retail price: $200.

A review from a happy user:

Quote: "I have a stereo system on one side of the house and a home theater system on the other side. I started off putting the clock in the room with the home theater system where I noticed a better picture - smoother and more film-like. Then I took the clock to the stereo system room - big improvement in the sound!! Then I took the clock back to the home theater system, and when I returned to the stereo system the clock's effects were still present. Also, the clock worked quite well in the car."

No comment.

Nota catre moderatori: am ezitat intre Discutii despre echipament si Cafenea. Mutati postul unde credeti ca e mai bine.