www.rgc.ro Web analytics

Guitar shop in Ploiesti?

Guest FJD

Hey guys,

All new here, on this board as well as in Romania. Since I have lots of spare time in Romania I decided to pick up a dream I had for years: learn to play the acoustic guitar.

Requirement number 1 is of course: an acoustic guitar. Well, I've got no clue where I could buy one of those. I currently live in Ploiesti (in city centre) and am able and willing to travel. Bucharest would be an option for instance (than I could combine my trip with some sightseeing).

So there's my question: I'm searching for a shop that sells acoustic guitars (and where the personel preferably speaks English) in the neighbourhoud of Ploiesti or Bucharest. Since this is my first guitar and I need to learn how to play I don't need an expensive guitar.

i don`t know any guitar shops in ploiesti, but in bucharest you have a fine selection to choose from. and i`m sure that there`s bound to find someone here in the forums to guide you through the city.

Which store (preferably English speaking) in Bucharest would you advise me if I wanted to buy a cheap but decent guitar? And what budget should I count on?

Guest Baumwolle

You can find the Guitar Shop in Bucharest on Stirbei Voda Street, no. 22. You can reach them by phone at (021) 3103110.

You can see a map of the area here.

Thanks man smile.gif So a guitar shop in Ploiestie seems to be nonexistent? I asked some of my Romanian collegues here and they were puzzled as well smile.gif

Well than I will be going to Bucharest this weekend. Just wondering, are prices of say 450ron the bare minimum for a acoustic guitar (and 700ron for a classical)? Because I think its still a lot of money for someone who doesnt even know for how long playing guitar will be fun tongue.gif

Because for instance when seeing this page: http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/acatalog/Yam...al_Guitars.html

I see a Yamaha Classical guitar for 3/4 of the price and there are even cheaper ones. Of course the quality will be lower as well but as I mentioned earlier I don't even know how long I will be playing guitar wink.gif

Edited by FJD

Well I'm going to Bucharest anyway. Would be a shame not to visit it when I'm in Romania. Thanks for the adres, do you have some names of other shops for me so I can compare them when I'm there?

Guest seraphx

Hello, there-s a guitar shop in Ploiesti, at the beginning of Mihai Viteazu park, at the end of the Republicii Bd. at the right there is a street (behind the infinity rental shop ) there is also a church Sf.Vasile, and you-ll have to walk further than that and you should find a shop called Roland Music, there you can find a guitar, dont know about the acoustic ones, but i know that they can bring one, they have some SX acoustic guitars that seemed ok

Edited by seraphx

Thanks. That's a price category that makes it worth to buy it here and not to ship it from Holland. I found some for 150 to 250ron in Holland but the shipping would be a hassle so that's not worth it.

Thanks for the advice and I will try to find the stores tomorrow :)

-edit-

Next to Muzica is also a Yamaha store. No worries for me thus.

Edited by FJD

• 1 year later...

Dude...if you want 2 buy a good guitar, go to Guitar Shop in Ploiesti.

It's located in the back of the church that's near the Dacia Representation, the church Sfantul Vasile.

You'll find all sorts of guitars there, from harley benton imported from germany to acoustic fender that's only 600 ron.

And if you really want 2 learn 2 play the guitar contact me at habeanu@yahoo.com. I live in Ploiesti and I'm willing to make new friends, aspecially friends that like music :)

• 2 weeks later...
Dude...if you want 2 buy a good guitar, go to Guitar Shop in Ploiesti.

It's located in the back of the church that's near the Dacia Representation, the church Sfantul Vasile.

You'll find all sorts of guitars there, from harley benton imported from germany to acoustic fender that's only 600 ron.

And if you really want 2 learn 2 play the guitar contact me at habeanu@yahoo.com. I live in Ploiesti and I'm willing to make new friends, aspecially friends that like music :)

Daca nu si-a luat o chitara pana acum, nici nu cred ca-si va mai lua. Postul era din 2006.

• 1 year later...
Guest replica

Hello! Does anyone know where can I buy a Gibson Les Paul guitar in Bucharest??

I have been in the guitar shop in stirbei voda, but they don't have it, so is there any other place in Bucharest where can I buy it??

...thanks...