www.rgc.ro Web analytics

Zachary Optimum Gauges (Zog) - Strings

Zachary Guitars

Hello everyone, I am looking to make friends here.

My name is Alex and I am a custom guitar and bass builder, as well as the originator of Optimized string sets for guitar and bass. Zachary Optimum Gauges (ZOG)

I encourage you to try a set and transform your bass into an instrument which works and sounds much better than before. My method of designing string sets is the only correct and physically proper way to do it. It will give you tension balance and eliminate under-tensioned strings, which are floppy, limp and do not give you good tone. 5 and 6 string basses are the most atrocious and you really need my sets. I ship all over the world.

I was born in Romania and I plan to return this summer. I am excited about going back to my birth country. Any advice is appreciated as to how to spread the word about Zachary Optimum Gauges (ZOG). This is no money maker for me, but I do it out of pride and love. I am looking to do some clinics at any place where guitar and bass players congregate, such as good shops or clubs. If you could point out to me where these places are, I will try to include them into my schedule to visit. I am a foreigner in Romania now and do not know my way around or what is happening in terms of music and instruments.

I do not speak Romanian at all, so please speak to me in English. I know Romania has a very high English ability.

You can also write to me here: zacharymusic01@gmail.com

Thanks,

Alex

I am a foreigner in Romania now and do not know my way around or what is happening in terms of music and instruments.

Maybe a pint a beer with the guys could help! Give a shout when you're in Bucharest and maybe we could all meet and bring you up to speed.

Also, could you make some custom E-guitar strings? I've been longing for a custom set for some time, I keep making my own set from 3 different D'addario packs.

you make some darn good stuff man, keep it up!

Hey, I've heard of you, you're that guy that made a guitar from a Ikea kitchen counter or meat cutter. Great stuff! I also love the fact that you sell only to guitar players not to posers. When you come to Romania, give me a message ,I can help you set up a clinic or a workshop in Bucharest or by the seaside (Vama Veche , Costinesti).

Thanks for the replies guys.

To get ZOG strings. All you do is email me and tell me your order. Look on the SETS AND DESCRIPTIONS page and pick the sets you need. For bass I need to know your scale length and make an model would help also. Some basses take longer strings than their scale indicateds, due to the type of bridge setup.

There is no reason for you to make up your own sets from different sets. You are trying to optimize yourself because conventional set designs are so bad (they have NO design). I understand. However, I have already done that for you. Its not just the E string you need to be improved. All the strings need to be balanced to each other within the set.

Get ZOG and you will have a perfect set for different applications or tunings also.

A pint of beer sounds great. I am planning my trip now. Hopefully I will get to Romania this summer or fall. The big problem is finding affordable places to see in the different cities. I would like to travel around the country a bit and to see the the country, while I am there.

The first time I went back to Romania since 1974 was in 2012 and I saw a great live band in Cluj. It was Mike Godoroja Blues Spirit. Do you know them? I talked to the bass player briefly after the show.

Yes, I am the one who made guitars from Idea furniture and also cutting board. Also I was the one who made guitars bodies from knotty pine. I was criticised at that time, 15 years ago, but now they are all the rage. I get no credit.

So the big problem is what cities are all the good guitar shops located in and where do I find affordable accommodations for the time I am in the city.

Alex

zacharymusic01@gmail.com

Thanks for the replies guys.

To get ZOG strings. All you do is email me and tell me your order. Look on the SETS AND DESCRIPTIONS page and pick the sets you need. For bass I need to know your scale length and make an model would help also. Some basses take longer strings than their scale indicateds, due to the type of bridge setup.

There is no reason for you to make up your own sets from different sets. You are trying to optimize yourself because conventional set designs are so bad (they have NO design). I understand. However, I have already done that for you. Its not just the E string you need to be improved. All the strings need to be balanced to each other within the set.

Get ZOG and you will have a perfect set for different applications or tunings also.

A pint of beer sounds great. I am planning my trip now. Hopefully I will get to Romania this summer or fall. The big problem is finding affordable places to see in the different cities. I would like to travel around the country a bit and to see the the country, while I am there.

The first time I went back to Romania since 1974 was in 2012 and I saw a great live band in Cluj. It was Mike Godoroja Blues Spirit. Do you know them? I talked to the bass player briefly after the show.

Yes, I am the one who made guitars from Idea furniture and also cutting board. Also I was the one who made guitars bodies from knotty pine. I was criticised at that time, 15 years ago, but now they are all the rage. I get no credit.

So the big problem is what cities are all the good guitar shops located in and where do I find affordable accommodations for the time I am in the city.

Alex

zacharymusic01@gmail.com

I wrote you a message , you should check your mailbox .

I've checked the website. Your descriptions crack me up, as always. :))

What would you recommend for a strat with a tele neck? I love the quack so i guess the ZOG 9 RW or ZOG 9+ RW? I use the whammy bar and constantly have to re-adjust it with every string set, although it's the same type of set with the same gauge, they're not very consistent tension-wise(i mean the commercially available ones). Will yours stretch a lot?

Also is it possible to bring some sets along when you come to Romania? I think it's a shame to pay 15$ for shipping when i could get 3 extra sets.

For finding "affordable accommodations" i would recommend google-ing the word "pensiune" and the name of the city(or region) you would like to visit. i.e: pensiune cluj. They may be less comfortable than a hotel, but you end up paying 20-30$ a night for a double bedded room, which is ok.

The major guitar shops are in Bucharest and some, like MC Music, have dealers all across Romania. Maybe Timisoara. If you want, i could mail you a list of major shops in Bucharest.

Oh,and if you succed(i really hope you do) in getting them to sell your strings, please do tell them not to overcharge! They tend to do that. :)

Edited by lefmir

Lefmir,

Thanks for all the info. If I had it my way, I would bring a truckload of sets but I would need to know that they will sell. These are heavy to carry around, especially the bass sets.

My original intention is not to sell through stores but to be in direct contact with the players. This is what I have been doing since the inception of ZOG some 8 years ago. I send a shitload to Australia and to other places also. Most of the customers are repeat for years.

Direct sales is my wish but I also need to get the word out to the players. I was thinking that free clinics are a good way, where players congregate, shops.

Selling through shops is difficult and to keep prices down. I would also need to stop selling direct, as not to compete with the shops. If I also keep selling direct, shops cannot raise prices because then players will just buy direct from me. Shots would get pissed.

Not sure quite how to make it happen but I do want to get the info out there somehow. ZOG is a major improvement, especially for bass guitar. There is no going back. Its like putting air in your car tires, instead of driving with a flat.

I plan to really chop my website down and remove most of the commentary. Its scaring and offending many I think. They lose the message from being offended by the style.

For you I would recommend 9+, if you want to get the most country twang out of them. Or just go to 10 or 10+ even. Experiment. Get all these different sets and see what you like the feel of best in terms of overall tension. All the sets will be perfectly optimized but the overall tension will differ.

I think your problem is with a poor tremolo bridge, not the strings. You may have to live with that problem or find a genius who can set it up the best for you. There are so many ways to setup a Strat trem. Its a balancing act with the springs and the trem angle.

Also check out my new TONE LUBE pedal. Its something I cannot live without. All you need. Its a preamp to go with your guitar amp.

Ask me any questions you like.

Alex

• Like 1

What exactly makes your strings the best ever

I think he covered that already. And they're reasonable priced, I wanna try a few sets. Maybe I'll make a review after I try them out for you 'nonbelievers'. Anyway, if you would've followed his projects you would've known by now that Alex doesn't rip off people, on the contrary.

@ Mr. Zachary, The Tone Lube is quite impressive, but I personally don't have 350$ to spare(I'm a student, you know how it is). I'm an electronics enthuziast(soon to be engineer) and make my own effects and clones...would it be too much if i'd ask you to share the schematic? I know it's a little rude, please forgive me if you feel offended.

Edited by lefmir

I think he covered that already. And they're reasonable priced, I wanna try a few sets. Maybe I'll make a review after I try them out for you 'nonbelievers'. Anyway, if you would've followed his projects you would've known by now that Alex doesn't rip off people, on the contrary.

Tu glumesti nu ?

ZKD, I really regret that you and your friends, they shop owners, were offended by my style. My website tends to be that way. Don't concentrate on my delivery style, just remember that you don't have to marry me. Half of the people love it and half hate it and are seriously offended. Its always puzzling to me why guitar players can be so sensitive and very hard to reach intellectually and creatively.

You mentioned that you have read my entire website, including the ZOG page. So, I don't know how you would not understand the information about ZOG, or anything else I do for that matter.

It may not be delivered in the usual way, but I never was ordinary. If I was, I would still be using conventional strings and would never have discovered the correct way to design string sets.

I would suggest that you and the shop owners simply ignore the word "idiot" on my site and just focus on the information. It is explained to you in minute detail. I am very comprehensive.

I am not looking for any reviews or validation of ZOG or for any of my innovations. I have been selling ZOG for 8 years and ship them all over the world every week. I ship once a week.

I simply thought that it was unfortunate that players in Romania have not discovered the least expensive way to make their guitars player so much better and they have not discovered the big problem with conventional string sets. Especially Bass players are faced with a serious problem. 5 and 6 string basses are not even functional. 7 and 8 string guitars are not functional. Neither do guitars in alternative tunings.

I told you that I am here to make friends and bring something to you, which you will really enjoy. It will not make me rich and its a lot of administration on my part to offer these strings. In fact, I don't do anything for the money. I do it for the passion and the pride in what I create.

I decided at the start that I will not inflate the price of my strings and I will not mislead people by hyping something up to raise the price to boutique prices. That is BS. I will also not nice you to death. Not my style.

ZOG is simply correct and its the only strings that should be in any shop. Its the only strings that anyone should use. Its all physics. Tension balance. If you don not have tension balance, you have NOTHING.

Once you try them, there is no going back.

Alex

• Like 1

I don't know how you would not understand the information about ZOG, or anything else I do for that matter.

I never said I didn't get what's there . Anyways , I wish you the best of luck .

Cu ce anume sa glumesc? Nici numele corzilor nu-ti spune nimic sau ce? Nu e mare filosofie o coarda sa stii...cel putin nu cum o prezinta firmele mari.

Ar fi trebuit sa elaborez mai bine la ce ma refeream dar eu niciodata nu vreau scandal pe forum , asa ca eventual o sa iti scriu pe PM ce nu imi place . Nu vreau sa ne certam ar fi trebuie sa tac si gata , imi cer eu scuze .

KZD you said: But I am starting to change my mind .

What exactly makes your strings the best ever (as advertised)? I would like to see/hear some actual facts, pictures, materials used and an overall explanation of what is so special.

Then you state: "I never said I didn't get what's there".

You seem to contradicting yourself.

You clearly do not understand ZOG.

So I simply suggest that you read my webpage again but just ignore the word "idiot" because it seems to be distracting you and the store owners.

By what you say, its clear that you are not understanding how ZOG is different from any other string set.

I also suggest that you read the ZOG Testimonial page. Link found on top of the main ZOG page.

No seeing, hearing, pictures, or materials matter. The facts are tension balance and correct set design concentrating on the tension of each string. Conventional string sets have NO design. There is no purpose for any of the string tensions in the set and they do not follow any systematic design. They all follow each other and have no idea why. You and guitar gods alike just buy them without thinking.

Let me know if I misunderstood you.

KZD you said: But I am starting to change my mind .

What exactly makes your strings the best ever (as advertised)? I would like to see/hear some actual facts, pictures, materials used and an overall explanation of what is so special.

Then you state: "I never said I didn't get what's there".

You seem to contradicting yourself.

You clearly do not understand ZOG.

After I asked the question I got no answer , that's when we checked your site . Not a big mistery .

I also suggest that you read the ZOG Testimonial page. Link found on top of the main ZOG page.

I don't read testimonials on sites . I prefer to go on forums and see what's actually going on with feedback from everybody , good or bad .

No seeing, hearing, pictures, or materials matter. The facts are tension balance and correct set design concentrating on the tension of each string. Conventional string sets have NO design. There is no purpose for any of the string tensions in the set and they do not follow any systematic design. They all follow each other and have no idea why. You and guitar gods alike just buy them without thinking.

Actually we like to see proof that something is as advertised , if someone says my strings are made of unicorn then we would like to see proof that it is made out of unicorn . Your sets are super balanced tension wise ok we all got that , where are some manufactureing pictures , videos , tension tests ? And by the way there is no such thing as a correct set . Advertising that you have balanced sets ok , but that does not mean that everyone has to like them or they are ''idiots'' or ''retarded'' . Some people truely like the way a conventional set feels , get over it .

Also you wrote gauge is not important . I am sorry if you do not play guitar at a level where you would understand that both tension and gauge are important , the feel of a gauge under the fingers is very important for a player ( who actually plays guitar ) .

I suggest you stop being offensive and try to maintain a conversation without evading questions .

Edited by TheZKD

Mojo Guy,

cere-i niște sample-uri, try it yourself. Sunt sigur ca n-ar avea nimic împotrivă, îs și curios care-i treaba cu "balanced strings".

Nu cred în marketing bullshit and stuff, cel mai probabil îs OEM-uri branduite. Ca sa învestești într-o fabrică de corzi îți trebuie mult cașcaval, cașcaval care nu cred că dispune domnul marketing de mai sus, cel puțin, nu cred că din construit chitare, având în vedere ca e un brand destul de obscur.

E ușor să prostești chitariștii cu magie și marketing hype. Tubez and toanez, care numai un telecaster pe lâmpi le poate scoate :lol:

ah și un set corzi "balansat" care numai la ZOG le gâsești, D'addario, GHS, Rotosound, Dunlop și alții n-au buget in R&D pentru așa ceva.

Să nu uităm și importanța chitaristului, poți să ai cea mai bună chitară, și cel mai lampagiu amplificator, dar dacă n-ai așa ceva, degeaba.

QW6Sf6t.jpg

Edited by Cryptopsy
  • Like 2

Mojo Guy,

cere-i niște sample-uri, try it yourself. Sunt sigur ca n-ar avea nimic împotrivă, îs și curios care-i treaba cu "balanced strings".

Tre sa mergi pe site . Exista niste chestii priceless : zici ca a reinventat stativul de chitara ( adica a pus stickere cu logoul lui pe altele ) .

Eu nu am nici o problema cu teoria corzilor ... Cu atitudinea lui si faptul ca defapt nu exista nimic ce sa atesteze cum le face , din ce etc. De unde naiba stiu ca nu reimpacheteaza alte seturi ?

Mojo Guy,

Nu cred în marketing bullshit and stuff, cel mai probabil îs OEM-uri branduite. Ca sa învestești într-o fabrică de corzi îți trebuie mult cașcaval, cașcaval care nu cred că dispune domnul marketing de mai sus, cel puțin, nu cred că din construit chitare, având în vedere ca e un brand destul de obscur.

E ușor să prostești chitariștii cu magie și marketing hype. Tubez and toanez, care numai un telecaster pe lâmpi le poate scoate :lol:

ah și un set corzi "balansat" care numai la ZOG le gâsești, D'addario, GHS, Rotosound, Dunlop și alții n-au buget in R&D pentru așa ceva.

Dude , tipul are o secta intreaga. Ca sa cumperi o chitara de la el trebuie sa o meriti , si sa te califici sa trimiti videouri cu tine cum canti si chestii de genu' . Nu inventez , e pe bune .

Edited by TheZKD

și Pete Cornish învelea ciocolata în staniol.

iar alții în epoxy.

Tre sa mergi pe site . Exista niste chestii priceless : zici ca a reinventat stativul de chitara ( adica a pus stickere cu logoul lui pe altele ) .

Eu nu am nici o problema cu teoria corzilor ... Cu atitudinea lui si faptul ca defapt nu exista nimic ce sa atesteze cum le face , din ce etc. De unde naiba stiu ca nu reimpacheteaza alte seturi ?

Dude , tipul are o secta intreaga. Ca sa cumperi o chitara de la el trebuie sa o meriti , si sa te califici sa trimiti videouri cu tine cum canti si chestii de genu' . Nu inventez , e pe bune .