www.rgc.ro Web analytics

Doina Drums

Tove

Hi. Doina drums were made during the comunist era. Not many of them survived to this day, because they were horrible. Heads don't fit, people used to make they're own heads. They were not made of wood. It was some sort of plastic. Today they retail at about 400 lei (70 usd) . My advice is to not waste your money on something like this.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Guest septimiu_hm

like Lefmir said, it a 7 years old post. I put them on sale on behalf of a friend. I can't even remember what happened to that drum set in the end. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a good friend who started out on a set of Doina . I will ask him if he still has them . The drums sucked , but the way he was drumming sounded really retro and enjoyable .

Oh yes! Thank you so much!! I am going to do my best to find some method of transporting them over, if he still has them.

Good news!!! My colleague still have his first drum set, DOINA. :w00t:

His name is Andrei and I have already told him that you are looking for some Doinas: https://www.facebook.com/andrei.nicolae?fref=ts

One question, you are a big enthusiast and want to add them to your collection or you are going to actually play them?

• Like 1

Wow thanks!! I'm not a very huge collector, so far I have one Amati set and a Tacton snare drum whereas my yamaha drums that I use regularly don't have a snare drum so I use either the amati or tacton one :) The Doinas I want to refurbish and play! I love them becouse of the strange shapes, wraps and hardware. Maybe make calf skin heads from the original hoops? We'll see

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Oh, my word! What do you want to do with that piece of cardboard crap? Really now!

I'll look for some asking around but, believe you me, none were sounding either way, the hardware was awful, some of us tried desperatedly in those days to buy anything else, be it Tacton, Amati or whatever.

Do you really need a bass pedal with a leather strip action?

Do you really need dog skin on the toms?

The cimbals are quite good in that set. Yeah, you can make a yummy steak in it, we did some. Just turn them upside down and fix a rod perpendicularry in the hole of the cimbal. Make a good fire. After it settles just put the cimbal in the middle and the meat in it. It is bronze so it will transmit the heat and it's concave so the juice will be there too. Enjoy! :)

Edited by Posho

Oh, my word! What do you want to do with that piece of cardboard crap? Really now!

I'll look for some asking around but, believe you me, none were sounding either way, the hardware was awful, some of us tried desperatedly in those days to buy anything else, be it Tacton, Amati or whatever.

Do you really need a bass pedal with a leather strip action?

Do you really need dog skin on the toms?

The cimbals are quite good in that set. Yeah, you can make a yummy steak in it, we did some. Just turn them upside down and fix a rod perpendicularry in the hole of the cimbal. Make a good fire. After it settles just put the cimbal in the middle and the meat in it. It is bronze so it will transmit the heat and it's concave so the juice will be there too. Enjoy! :)

Well I like to play arround with stuff but you're not going to get to play arround much if you buy expencive cymbals and then only have a few! It would be nice to have some that noone wants that you can play arround with hah. As for the drums They would of course need serious work but I still think I could make them sound good... the bigger problem right now is that I haven't found and truckers who would transport to my country from Romania.. I'll keep looking though