www.rgc.ro Web analytics

Gretschcaster - double bound, bigsby, sherwood green tele project

cotrusvlad

TV Jones - I tested them against the lollars and the gretsch one, at the time of construction. The TV ones won based on the balance between clarity and "chime" - gretsch was just less alive(?) than both lollar and TV - and the lollar were hard to pass but they had too much highs, comparatively - beautiful "chime" but a little too much for my taste.

Edited by Renan Santos

@Renan Santos Tv Jones are great, I've watched a lot of demos and comparisons between the TV Jones and Gretsch before buying them. Bottom line for me was that the TV's price wasn't worth it. They sound great but the 200 euros difference it's not justified soundwise for pe personally. 

These are the two videos that helped me the most to decide:

1 minute ago, cotrusvlad said:

@Renan Santos Tv Jones are great, I've watched a lot of demos and comparisons between the TV Jones and Gretsch before buying them. Bottom line for me was that the TV's price wasn't worth it. They sound great but the 200 euros difference it's not justified soundwise for pe personally. 

These are the two videos that helped me the most to decide:

I`d have to agree, 200eur difference, not there (diminishing returns is massive when talking pick ups) - I just dont remember having had that issue with massive price differences at the time. it has been a while and I got everything from used market, so the discount was there to reduce the impact.

25 minutes ago, cotrusvlad said:

@Renan Santos haha lucky you! 🤪 Worst case, I'll upgrade the pickups if necessary. I just wanna see it done for now haha. I'm so excited.

looking forward to your reporting when the did is done! It is gonna be awesome for sure!!

rock on!

• Like 1