www.rgc.ro Web analytics

lordbizarre

C.I.L. and Doïna serial numbers investigation

Hi , new here ! Hope this is the place to be . 

I'm ivan , alias lordbizarre , curator of "lordbizarre's electric guitar and amp museum " Belgium . I've a lot Romanian guitars in my collection , please see www.lordbizarre.com  One by One East-Europe Romania and enjoy the vieuw of some Romanian guitars !

I've written a book about "electric , acoustic and bass guitars Made in Bulgaria" ( for sale € 29,50 + sending fees , please write to lordbizarre@skynet.be or https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Bulgarian-Acoustic-Electric-Guitars-Reference-Book-Encyclopedia-Limited-Edition/372521513010?hash=item56bc033032:g:v8EAAOSwyf1bLhZu )

and would like to write one about Romania guitars !!!

But that's beside the question : my question :

how can one read or interpret the serial numbers on those guitars ( all can be seen on www.lordbizarre.com ! )?

For C.I.L. Reghin (Complexu Industrializare Lemnului ) 4245 and 15619

for C.P.L. Reghin ( what would the " P " mean ..?..) 2074

for Doïna Bucuresti 

old é-coustic ( electrified acoustic )  582

Doïna Super 34689

Doïna Serenada 1: XIII  and  XXXIV

Doïna Serenada 2: XXVII

Doïna Star3: XXIX and XXXXI

Doïna Sângerat:  XXIX

Doïna Voce bass: 24071

Doïna Voce bass transformed to six-string: XII

It's rather important to understand those serial numbers since ( normally ) date ; model series ; numbers manufactured...etc..etc could be hidden into those serial numbers !!

greetings & thx for any reply , via this forum or directly at my www !

greetings & thx ! , vă salut și vă mulțumesc!

ivan  alias  lordbizarre

@lordbizarre i am willing to bet CPL = Complexul de Prelucrare a Lemnului. As for the serial numbers, i do not think they have any coded information, it's likely they are simply sequential. But other people should have better information.

Have you tried contacting the company directly ?

Olraait Vektor ! Thx for the input .

About C.P.L. I alreaday found out ( by Google Translate ..hèhè..) that it's indeed Prelucrare .

I don't know if contacting C.I.L. or C.P.L. or Doïna can be done since the 60's likely Hora Reghin took over and as far as I know they don't know ...I presume I've to visit the plant and perhaps get some answers . 

Just have to wait I suppose ( and/or get my hands on a thousand other instruments...LOL...)

yes , that's correct , I contacted them and I had a message ( ten years ago ) from mr. ing. Nikolae Bagzan , former head of Hora Reghin , where he showed me all Hora Reghin made electric guitars . I also know that he was appointed to the job in the mid 60's and probably arround that time Doïna Bucuresti dissapeared ( due to the Hora competition ? ) . Hora took over the legacy of electric guitars from C.I.L.Reghin & C.P.L.Reghin , who were (industrial ) timberworks , a.f.a.I.k. C.I.L. even had some , partially wooden , airplanes in their range !!!

If more info : feel free to add !!!